Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Full Body


6:30 workout start this morning, damn that's early but it tured out to be a great workout.  Also went heavy on front squats for the 4th time in a month, which is 3 more times than I normally would.  I won't max out each time I'll just try and keep going heavy.

Front Squat
95x10
115x8
135x5
155x3
185x3
205x3
225x3
235x3
245x4

Squat Clean into Thruster - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3........135, 145, 155, 165, 175(2)

Broad Jumps, 6 trips across the gym, about 8 jumps per trip

I wasn't sure how it was going to go today on the front squats, all reps were full rom from the start but 235 felt pretty heavy.  My pr on front squats is 250, but that's just breaking parallel and with a cross armed grip, I am very happy I was able to get 245 for full rom for 3 reps, Jason was standing close just in case.  The squat cleans into a thruster were tough, much tougher than the squat clean and jerks I did last Thursday, that's because you have to go right into the thruster out of the squat, so you have less momentum as the weight goes up the squats get slower.  On the last set at 175 I was too slow coming out of the squat (my legs didn't have enough left) so getting 175 overhead wasn't going to happen as I didn't have enough drive.  Last time I did tha exercise I stopped at 145 so am very happy with how they went today.  The broad jumps were last minute, I reset everytime and jumped as far as possible, didn't time myself but damn that wasn't easy my lungs were lit up.  Afterwards my shins, entire core and glutes mainly were hurting, great early morning workout.

3 comments:

  1. I think I was in the middle of my hang power cleans - just finishing a set - while you were doing the broad jumps. I was in front of the mirror, when all of a sudden I saw a big black blur in the background, landing way behind me. I thought, "What the fuck was that?!", turned and saw it was you, then thought, "Oh. Of course."

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I dont think anyone really was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only reason it surprised me is because I literally had no idea what it was at first - there was just a large, black shape that suddenly popped into my peripheral vision!

    ReplyDelete