Thursday, August 25, 2011

Full Body


Today was one of those days where leaving the gym I felt great.  The above video was at 200 pounds, my last set.  Prior to this a client of mine was nice enough to video tape my lift at 185, I felt strong on that so decided to go up for another set, 195 is too odd an number so an even 200 pounds.  Prior this my max squat clean was 185, and max weight overhead was 205, so this was pushing it on a few levels I had no clue if I would make the lift.

Clean and Jerk - 2, 2, 2, 2, 2.........135, 155, 175, 185, 200

Back Squats - 10, 10, 10, 10, 10.......135, 145, 155, 165, 175

For time
100 Russian Kettlebell Swings - 24 kg
Time: 5:23

I m by no means an olympic lifting expert, all my knowledge has come from videos and just self teaching.  I honestly thought my form would be just aweful but this is a lot better than I predicted.  I'm sure someone like Mike Burgener could tear this apart but I I am still happy with how it went.  On the second jerk I was closer to losing the weight but quickly self corrected.  I liked that my back was straight, my hips weren't too high coming out of the pull, my depth was good, has a good rack position....all things I feel I did well in, whether I actually did or not I do not care I am very happy about it.  The back squat were hamstring to calf, I haven't gone heavier than 155 on that since my back was shit but I was feeling confident, 175 was certainly hard for 10 full rom reps but I kept good form.  The swings got my heart rate up and generally hurt.  Great workout!!

2 comments:

  1. It' the first time I've heard you making any grunting noises when lifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 200 pounds slamming onto my shoulders will do that haha.

    ReplyDelete