Thursday, September 1, 2011

Posterior Chain

Rob Orlando
The other day when I was doing bench press I think my one elbow didn't like the last set, yesterday on the squat clean and thrusters I felt it a lot.  While it went away, and I don't feel it at all on my in between days, I decided to leave out pushing and just hit my posterior chain, some nice numbers today too.

Deadlifts (starting from top)
135x10
135x10
225x7
255x5
275x5
295x5
315x5
335x5
355x5

5 Rounds for time
5 Hang Power Cleans - 95
5 Hang Power Snatches - 95
Time: 5:21

50 Back Extensions

2 things that please me about today, one that is the most I have ever done for conventional deadlifts of that style, it ties what I have done for a pr on any deadlifts (sumo is also 355), but is also more reps than before too.  For conventional I have gotten 335 for 3, and remember that being close, for sumo I have gotten 355 but only for 2, and that was even closer.  Today I got 355 for FIVE, despite my shins taking a scraping, and my form probably faltering a bit I am very pleased I got 355 for 5 reps.  The second part I stole from my client but scaled up a bit, certainly hammered my grip pretty well. I now know to never....EVER do back extensions again.  The cyst of my pelvis didn't like it and I was in considerable pain for over an hour till the pressure released, didn't take away from the great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment