Monday, August 15, 2011

Heavy

Nate Schrader
Decided to go heavy again today, I don't normally go heavy on front squats 2 weeks in a row, felt a drive to so why not.  Maybe if I am feeling up to it I'll go heavy again next week.

Front Squats
95x10
95x10
135x5
155x3
175x3
195x3
215x3
225x3
235x3

Resistance Band Pullups - 5xmax reps with green band........5, 5, 5, 5, 5

DB Bench Press - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5..........75s, 80s, 85s, 90s, 95s(3)

I had realized part way through that prior to going heavy on the front squats, it was the third day in a row of training.  Saturday being almost a 15km bike ride, which wasn't lung intensive but harder on the legs, and yesterday which totalled 250 air squats.  I wasn't sore at all but I could feel my legs didn't have the same drive.  That didn't seem to matter as I got 235 for 3 reps, clean grip and hamstring to calf, which is a pr under that style for me, was very tough but felt great.  The resistance pullups was the first time I've gotten 5 reps on all 5 sets before, also felt good.  The last one I felt strong with the 90s so I went up again, I got a handoff but it was a lot on my own, but he did help so I didn't count that rep, the next 3 were all on my own.  Closing in on doing the 100s for flat, great strength workout!

2 comments:

  1. With these front squats, how do you choose the weight and the number of reps? I couldn't figure out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no pattern, the first 2 sets were more of a warmup, a set of 5 to get a feel for the weight and then just sets of 3 while continuing to add weight until I have reached my max. Going into workouts like this I never really know how many sets I will perform, I just know the number of reps I want to hit each time.

    ReplyDelete