Thursday, August 11, 2011

Full Body


Very sleepy to start this workout, at the end of my shift too, but started off very well.

Push Press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.......135, 155, 165, 175, 185

Inverted Rows - 5xmax reps.....14, 10, 9, 8, 8

6 Rounds for time
5 Power Clean - 135
6 Max Air Jump Squats
Time: 9:19

Gironda Dips - 10, 8, 8

I am very happy with how the push presses went, I do not believe I have gotten 185 got 3 reps before, felt very strong on that exercise.  I did the inverted rows a little different, I placed the bar higher and placed my feet on a bench, overall it seemed the make the exercise harder.  I kept strict form, chest touches the bar each time or it doesn't count.  The third part is decieving but I predicted it would be, the max air jump squats are just how they sound, you jump as high as you can each time, all that force being generated, coupled with the power cleans makes you winded.  The gironda dips were thrown in for fun I hadn't done them in quite some time.  Afterwards went over to check my phone and my last client for the day cancelled, so home I went, glad too because I was exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. I looked up Gironda dips on YouTube - is it just that your elbows go out to the side, rather than perpendicular to your body, or are your legs supposed to be raised in front of you, too? I couldn't tell from the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The legs out in front I don't really see the point, unless you want to slightly hit your core more. I actually do the dips on the hammer strength machine, the bars are placed differently so it makes it easier on my shoulders (something gironda dips are critisized for). I can show ya next time you are in if you like, places more emphasis on the chest opposed to the triceps like regular dips.

    ReplyDelete