Friday, August 19, 2011

Full Body

Olympic lifting does the body good
Decided to do some heavy clean and jerks today, more specifically Power clean and and jerks as none of them I dropped into a squat.

Power Clean and Jerk
95x3
115x3
135x3
155x3
175x3
185x3
185x3

Incline Bench Press - 5xmax reps at 135.........8, 6, 6, 6, 6

One and 1/2 rep neutral grip pullups - 4xmax reps........7, 5, 5, 5

I am happy with how the clean and jerks went.  I can go heavier than 185, but without bumper plates I won't yet, I need a safe way to fail a rep, at 185 if I fail and try to catch the bar I could pull my shoulder out of its socket, or if I simply drop the bar like you are suppose to then I could break the iron plates and piss off my boss.  Nevertheless 185 was still heavy, both the clean and the jerk portion of the lift felt strong, next time this comes up I will want to video tape myself to see how my form is.  My pr on the clean and jerk is 205 (but I cleaned 215), but that was at another gym with bumper plates so I was able to safely drop the weights.  The first 4 sets were touch and go, the last 3 I reset between each rep.  The second part probably should say relative failure, I worked out alone and maybe could have gotten another rep on a few of the sets, but I still felt it.  The last part is exactly how it sounds, perform a full pullup from a deadhang, lower yourself halfway, pull your chin back over the bar then lower all the way down, that is one rep....damn those really burned.  Great workout!

1 comment:

  1. Jesus. That guy's legs look like badly made sausages! That's it - no more squatting for me!

    ReplyDelete