Monday, August 29, 2011

Full Body


With the last 2 days being conditioning or all bodyweight I wanted to up the weight a bit here, happy with how it went.

Bench Press - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5..........155, 175, 195, 205, 215(2)

Wide Grip Cable Row - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5..........120, 130, 140, 150, 160(3)

Shoulder to Overhead - 4xmax reps at 135 (starting from ground)........8, 8, 8, 8

Deadlifts - 4xmax reps at 225 (starting from top)........15, 13, 11, 10

I am very pleased with how the bench press went, last workout I went heavy on it I got 205 for just 3 reps at the end, today the fifth rep was close but Eric was no where near the bar.  215 is a pr for me, Eric would say I got 3, I say I got 2 because even though he says he didn't help he did place his hands on the bar so I don't count it.  Having said that I believe he did help, the bar stopped a few inches from my chest and then started moving again so I think he gave a slight nudge.  The shoulder to overhead seemed to mostly be push jerks, I only went from the ground as both squat racks were in use, why I got 8 on all 4 sets is weird but ah well.  I did the deadlifts from the top, used touch and go, and I used straps as I wanted to see what I could get with 225 under optimal conditions, I am very pleased I got 15 on the first set.  Even with the straps my grip seemed to be the limitting factor but my hamstrings and about middle back were burning, overall it was a great workout!

3 comments:

  1. Why do the shoulder to overheads start from the ground if you're only counting the push press part of the routine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah did you read the section about the routine that's posted below the workout? Both squat racks were in use at the time.

    ReplyDelete