Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bodyweight


Attack my weakness day, also known as bodyweight day.  Made it a little more crossfit style by adding a kip to an exercise I normally wouldn't.

10 Rounds for time
5 Handstand Pushups
6 Kipping Pullups
7 Kipping Dips
8 Jump Lunges (8 per leg)
9 Situps
10 Squats
Time: 26:30

Not bad, I wanted to try and make everything unbroken which I just barely was able to do.  The handstand pushups were the hardest despite being the smallest number of total reps and closest to being broken up, but with strict form I managed to keep them all unbroken.  The pullups were pretty easy, they show up much more than the other exercises.  The kipping dips were the new one, and while it made them faster, they were the second hardest exercise.  The jump lunges were just energy wasting, the situps became slow motion but not too bad and squats were easy too.  Overall I kept a steady pace, 450 reps total, was hoping for a sub 30 minutes so was happy I got it.

3 comments:

  1. I've go to know: what does "Hecho en CrossFit" mean?

    Also, what time of day did you do this workout? It looks like you used at least 3 different stations; it would have pissed me off if I was doing this and someone, say, started doing dips when I was ready to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I haven't a clue what the picture means, just thought it belonged in my blog lol.

    I actually did this routine on Sunday at 5, so after the gym closes, to save time I also carried the dip station to the pullup bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: the picture - I knew it was a waste of time asking...

    ReplyDelete