Saturday, July 30, 2011

Trail Run


Decided to do something different today, so today I went for a just over 30 minute trail run at a local hiking trail (Petersburg).  I did not pass a single people, at times the bugs were getting under my skin but it was a lot of fun.  I had never ran on such uneven surface for a run, I the only time I came close to rolling my ankle was when I took a break and walked for a sec, never came close while actually running.  My pace felt pretty fast, so I took a few breaks, when a hill came I'd drive up it at a faster pace, which drained my energy.  When I got back I sprinted up the final hill and nearly collapsed by my car, I was in the shade the entire time and I hadn't realized how hot it was till I was in the sun again, I poured my water bottle over my head as I gasped for breath.  Fun workout!

EDIT* My quads dislike me, but my glutes are trying to kill me.  They were sore going into the run, but all the hills seemed to have made them painfully sore, makes sitting a chore.

2 comments:

  1. The breast cancer "Run for the Cure" that I do in October has a choice of two courses for the 5k: one on the road, and one in the trail behind Bingemans. I did the road one last year - due to my ankle - and it was relly boring. The rough terrain of the trail is a bit more challenging, and certainly more interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately recommend the trail run, I was surprised at how even the ground felt, like I said above I only really stepped wrong when I took a break to walk and that was once. You can clearly see rocks or roots coming out of the ground and they are easy to avoid.

    ReplyDelete