Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Full Body


Today I decided to drop an exercise from my arsenal, the one I started with today.  I've done it before, but just have trouble activating what I should be.  Rack deads should work my hamstrings, glutes, upper back and middle and lower back, yet all the load is placed on my lower back, I can't seem to change that.  Maybe I suck at doing it but when it comes to going for max weight, all I'll do is hurt myself.  Power cleans, romanian deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, snatch grip deadlifts, and conventional deadlifts for higher reps I all feel in the above muscles listed, so I got no problem dropping rack deadlifts.

Rack Deadlifts - 5, 5, 5, 5..........225, 255, 275, 295(4)  (back felt funny so stopped, weight wasn't too bad)

Handstand Pushups off steps - 5x5.........5 reps on all sets

Alternate Sets
Bench Press - 4xmax reps at 135........15, 12, 10, 8
Pullups - 4xmax reps.......13, 8, 7, 7

Single Leg Deadlifts - 5, 5, 5.......95, 115, 135

I know I could have done 5 reps at 295, but would have risked hurting myself, the weight wasn't even that heavy but enough weight my lower back solely wants to lift that it could cause injury.  Handstand pushups was done off steps so I was able to go lower than normal, I want to increase this exercise.  The last 2 sets for 5 reps was very very close.  The third part burned a lot.  The last one I wanted to try out, since I dropped one posterior dominant exercise, I wanted to add a new one, and boy did it light up my hamstrings.  Good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment