Monday, July 4, 2011

Full Body

Allison
Today hurt, wasn't so much about getting my heart rate up, but the weight and amount of time I rested.

Snatch Grip Deadlifts - 3x10........135

Box Front Squats - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5........155, 175, 185, 195, 205, 215

Power Cleanx3+Front Squatx3............135, 145, 155, 165, 165

Split Jerk - 2, 2, 2......135, 155, 175
Split Jerk 185 10 times, resting no more than 30 seconds between reps (didn't make it)

The routine requires some explaining.  The first 2 are pretty easy to follow, I really like box front squats, when I feel like it i'll go back to front squats with a full range of motion, but that's for another day.  215 was really heavy for me, was close to stopping at 4 reps.  The third part is simple, perform 3 power cleans, after third rep, with bar still in rack position, perform 3 front squats.  This was deceptively hard, the front squats were hamstring to calf for this part, and 165 was getting challenging for the power cleans and the front squats, while easier in comparison, were still tough.  The third part I wanted to find the right weight to work with, the first 3 sets for doubles felt good, so I decided to go with 185.  The goal was to perform 10 split jerks at 185 (which for me are 10 sets of 1) and not rest any more than 30 seconds between sets.  This I did not complete, around rep 4 and 5, and maybe 6 I was doing good, but my form was getting sloppy, 185 overhead could be dangerous with bad form.  So I had to rest a bit longer than 30 seconds to complete the last bit, this was maybe 40 seconds at most but it's still not completed, maybe next time.  This last part hurt the most, good workout.

2 comments:

  1. Power Cleanx3+Front Squatx3 - do you do the power clean and then straight into the front squat while the bar is already at chest level? Or do you do 3 cleans, followed by 3 squats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't see this comment earlier. The second part is right, perform 3 power cleans in a row, followed by 3 front squats without setting the bar down (so obviously using a clean grip, not crossed armed grip).

    ReplyDelete