Monday, July 18, 2011

Mostly Legs

Annie Sakamoto

I called today mostly legs, as aside from the BO row part it was all legs.  Also I was unsure if I was going to have time to workout today, in the morning I said no and was just going to workout tomorrow, I decided to just do a shorter one and focus on going heavy on front squats with a clean grip, something I have not done before.

Romanian Deadlift/Bent Over Row - 3x6........145

Front Squat
135x3
155x3
175x3
195x3
205x3
215x3

Front Squats - 4xmax reps at 185........6, 5, 5, 5

That's it, good for a short workout today.  I will stay with the clean grip front squat, no more cross armed grip, an article I read a while ago said they can be dangerous, when I read the things that can happen as a result of them I realized that I've already experienced those things, so why risk it when I can easily do this grip.  All the reps were hamstring to calf this time too, normally when I go heavy I stop just below parallel, so I changed 2 things.  215, hamstring to calf, and with a new grip I've never done over 165 on, I am happy with how that went.  The first part was my loosen me up exercise, 10 pounds heavier the last time I did that exercise, but was getting close.

No comments:

Post a Comment