Thursday, July 21, 2011

Full Body


Less time today due to busy day, but time for a good workout.

Rack Bench Press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3............205, 225, 245, 265, 275

6 Rounds for time
3 Thrusters - 135
6 Back Squats - 135
Time: 10:45

Superset
Squat Cleans - 3xmax reps at 135.......7, 5, 5
Chinups - 3xmax reps.......7, 6, 5

About fucking time.....275 on the rack bench press has been eluding me or a bit, but today I finally got 3 reps, the last rep was slow and for a second I thought I was going to fail, but I got past the sticking point and locked it out, felt real nice.  The second part was tough, both exercises were hamstring to calf, but 135 thrusters got real heavy real fast.  Nothing was broken, but the 3 thrusters were harder than the 6 back squats, got my arms and legs and lungs pretty well.  Despite the gym being air conditioned, the seering heat outside was stil felt inside, so I was sweating quickly already.  The last part seemed to hit my lungs, legs, and back all pretty well, but my forearms were struggling I could barely hold onto the bar for the last part.  Despite shorter time this felt like a great workout.

3 comments:

  1. 275? Jesus. Mind you, even Greg Voisin beat me in the bench press contest on Saturday. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps by the time I'm his age I'll beat you!

    ReplyDelete