Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Upper Body

Rob Miller
Today was upper body, and only 2 exercises, pullups and bench press, and lots and lots of pullups.

Pullup test, pick 3 variations of pullups, perform a set at relative max reps of each, resting as needed between sets.  Continue until you have reached 100 reps.
Wide Grip Pullups - 15, 8, 8, 8, 6
Narrow Grip Pullups - 11, 7, 7, 7
Neutral Grip Pullups - 9, 9, 9, 9
13 Sets, 103 Pullups

DB Bench Press - Max reps at......70s(10), 75s(6), 80s(5), 85s(5), 90s(4), 70s(8)

My arms were dead after this, 13 sets of pullups is a lot, I got the test from Matt Kroc, a professional bodybuilder, he could probably eat me but I knew I could complete this test.  As you can see it totals 103, that's because the last set, which was wide grip, was also max reps, just because I was at 100 doesn't mean I stop.  Narrow grip I hardly ever use, it proved to be the toughest one.  The last part was something I'd normally do a lot, so to change it up I made all the sets max reps, ending with the weight I started with.  Good upper body workout.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Do you do all the wide grip before moving on to the narrow, or rotate through the 3 different pullups, one set at a time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree,its a very good exercise through this full-body work out.This is a informative post that have positive effect on our health.

    ReplyDelete