Sunday, July 10, 2011

Full Body


Today normally would have been the active recovery/assistance work day, but tomorrow I am working about a 13 hour day and it's spread out over 16 hours, soo I decided to get my hard workout in today, and will most likely take tomorrow off, unless I have a bunch of cancellations.  Today I started this workout at about 1:30, at this point all I had eaten was a bowl of cereal and a booster juice juice shake, not enough and I felt it.  I also did this workout in a friend's basement gym, they have homemade weights and I checked the barbell and it was exactly 135, muggy as hell down there so I sweated a pound off.

10 Rounds for time
15 Deadlifts - 135
15 Pushups
Time: 21:20

10 Rounds for time
5 Front Squats
5 Wide Grip Pullups
Time: 21:47

Whoa I felt dead after that, damn lack of nutrition, it was a busy morning I spent most of it on the road.  Ah well, a few things to point out.  The first routine I predicted the deadlifts to be harder, and they were, I tried pacing myself a bit due to the high volume, the plates on the barbell are smaller than typical 45's, so the bar had to travel farther each rep, not much, but being 6'3 and doing 150 it adds up, when I perform this routine again I predict a better time, the pushups were only broken the last 2 rounds.  The second one was tough too, possibly harder than the first, sheer exhaustion came in soon, I believe due to lack of proper food, ah well I got through it.  The front squats were hamstring to calf, a clean grip which I am now going to solely use, and also from the floor, they had no squat rack.  Because of that, I made sure I rested so they were never broken I didn't want to have to do any extra power cleans.  The wide pullups were off this odd rectangle shaped bar, was dead after this, and need to refuel my body with as much food as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Ideally, what do you usually eat before a workout, if you felt you lacked nutrition today? My pre-workout meal is always the same: 2/3 cup of oats, 175ml 1% milk, couple heaped tablespoons each of apple sauce, raisins and ground flax seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its never the same, depending on the time of day I workout, typically if I am feeling like this I have a piece of fruit, but unfortunately the house I was staying at was fresh out (well, they did have frozen berries).

    ReplyDelete