Saturday, July 23, 2011

Outside Conditioning


Today I felt like an outside conditioning workout, I was sore from the deads yesterday (and probably snatches too) so I kept it all bodyweight.  I biked to Waterloo Oxford, which is roughly 2.7km, not far at all but wanted to make it hard to tried to go really fast.  In the football field I then did.

10 Rounds for time
Post to Post Run
10 Burpees
Time: 19:02

For time
Military Crawl Post to post
Time: 6:22

The I biked home a slightly longer route.  The bike there was a lot of fun actually, it's a $800 mountain bike, so a decent bike, but meant for trails and rough terrain, just means I have to bike hard.  I took every rough part on the way there I could see, didn't make it harder really, just for fun.  I did feel my legs a surprising amount.  Once I got to the field I noticed the sprinklers were on, hah ah well it's a hot day so it would feel good.  Post to post I believe is just over 100 metres at this particular football field, not entirely sure though, it was slow moving but felt really good everytime I passed by the sprinklers.  I was covered in grass as the one end was very damp.  The military crawl is a stupid exercise and should never be done again......hah not that bad, but shit that one was hard, I crawled right through the sprinklers and ignored them, ya keep your head down and when ya look up you realize you have so much more distance to cover.  My arms, lungs, legs were all hurting, hell even my elbows are all bruised up.  The bike ride home was fun too, I enjoyed biking again.

For people who may be unfamiliar, a military crawl is as follow;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_4_DRdQPw8

EDIT:  Went for maybe a 30 minute bike ride covering about 4 miles, just for fun, but thought I'd add it as it got my legs working pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, God - I just know that military crawls are somewhere in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only if we do a workout outside, even on my grass my elbows got bruised pretty good.

    ReplyDelete