Thursday, July 14, 2011

Stretching

This was actually done yesterday, I know I wouldn't have time to workout today so I did my stretching routine yesterday night, same day as another workout but with a day like this big deal.  Slightly different today too.

Back
Hanging Bar Lat stretch - 1x30 seconds
Cable Row Loaded Stretch - 1x30 seconds

Chest/Shoulders
Bar Bent Arm Chest stretch - 1x30 seconds
Shoulder Dislocates - 1x10

IT Band
Pigeon - 1x30 seconds

Groin
Seated Feet together - 1x30 seconds
Standing Splits - 1x30 seconds

Hip Flexor/Quad
Modified Lunge with back knee flexed - 1x30 seconds
Runners Stretch - 1x30 seconds

Hamstring
BO soft knees - 1x30 seconds
Seated Straight Leg - 1x30 seconds

Calves
Standing Loaded Stretch - 1x30 seconds

15 to 20 minutes of foam rolling, mainly for inner thigh, outer quads, inner quads, glutes, upper hamstrings, lats and posterior chain.  For anyone who does foam rolling knows how much it can hurt.

4 comments:

  1. Bugger. When I Google one of your stretches for an explanation, the results point to your blog! http://www.google.ca/search?q=Bar+Bent+Arm+Chest+stretch&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing splits - are you bloody kidding? http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Babes/cheerleader_standing_split.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh did you look at that website I sent to you? Ya don't have to mimic my stretching routine, just get a good stretch in for most of the muscle groups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I saw the site. Some of the stretches are quite straightforward, so I'll probably do them at home later today.

    After all the work we did yesterday, I injured my right pinky when I stubbed it on the neutral grip pull-up station when I was doing some shoulder stretches afterward. It hurt so bad later in the day I thought I'd broken it! Feels a bit sore and swollen today, but not too bad. Of all the dumb injuries! Then again, when I think of that girl who dislocated her shoulder but kept going with her regional routine...

    ReplyDelete