Friday, July 29, 2011

Backyard fun

Julie Foucher
Ah first post in a bit, I had forgotten to mention before that I slipped on a bike ride and landed square on my back, ouch.  A shooting pain shot down both my legs, but I feel better now and am ready to get going.  Today was a backyard fun workout, no weights yet, damn it got hot out.

8 Minutes solid of each exercise

Handstand Pushups - 44 reps
Jump Lunges - 102 reps (204 total)
Pushups - 115 reps
Broad Jumps - 45 reps

So 32 minutes of work, I took maybe one minute rest between each one.  The first one was pure muscular, my arms were dead, doing one of my weaknesses on uneven grass seemed to make it harder.  The jump lunges burned a lot, but kept fairly solid.  The pushups were again muscular, kept strict chest to floor form on all reps.  The last one was the hardest, I am usually pretty good at stringing broad jumps together, but this time I reset every rep.  Let me focus on max distance, but made for much fewer reps, I was running low on energy by this point and sweating a lot.  It felt great to get my workouts in again.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Sorry, I didn't know you'd injured yourself. You hide it well!

    Did you see the handstand push-up tutorial video on the Journal site? http://journal.crossfit.com/2011/07/carlsemhspu1.tpl

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh I did not, may be a good thing to view though.

    I usually do, but I get hurt a lot, I like off roading when I go biking, sometimes I don't come home pain free.

    ReplyDelete