Sunday, September 23, 2012

Leg Power


Slightly different kind of leg day today.

Clean and Jerk
warmup
95x3
135x3
155x2
185x1
work sets
8x1.....all at 205

Back Jump Squats - 3x5.....135

That was a lot of sets at 205, like I have before, get to a heavy weight quicker than usual and do many sets there.  8 sets was a lot at 85 to 90 percent of my max, I use a range because I probably can't clean and jerk 245 like I used too.  I actualled failed the 4th set, but only the jerk portion, it was clearly a lack of concentration as all other sets were fine, all sets were squat cleans and push jerks.  Push jerks may seem weird to some, but despite what I've heard people say it's not an upper body lift, would be a very poor shoulder builder, push presses on the other hand are a great upper body lift.  My form faltered as fatigue set in, the 7th set was close to failing on the clean, with it being a decent percentage of my max and such a technical lift this was mentally tough.  The jump squats were all about speed again, staying just above parallel and focussing on max acceleration, not worrying about weight, deceptively hard workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment