Saturday, September 8, 2012

Leg Power and abs


Today I tackled Isabel, a crossfit classic and one of the workouts I thought I'd never be strong enough to do.  I knew I'd be slow, but I finally believed I could do it.

Isabel
30 Snatches - 135
Time: 14:33

12-10-8-6-4-2 reps for time
Kipping Toe to Bars
GHD Situps
Time: 11:59

Wow that is slow, but this time I couldn't care less, I looked at the crossfit workout Diane and knew I couldn't complete it, and I have twice and it doesn't even look daunting anymore since my strength gains.  Isabel even more so, it took me what seemed like forever to be able to even snatch 135 once after I got into olympic lifting, doing it 30 times was simple, not possible.  My max snatch is 160 when I use a split, and to date 145 power snatch, although I believe that's different now, very low considering my other numbers.  So that also means this is welllll out of the recommended total reps considering what percentage it is of my max, but like when I did Diane I wanted to see if I could do Isabel, no pun intended.  It was difficult, all power snatches, all dropped, but happy to be strong enough to complete this.  The ab circuit destroyed my abs they started to get light cramping, I suck at toe to bars also.

2 comments:

  1. No video of Isabel? 30 reps at 135lb is fucking fantastic. I've really got to work on my snatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah I was tempted but figured that would be one boring video, and thanks while my time is slow I was happy to finish that one.

    ReplyDelete