Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Conditioning


Visited an old routine today, my time back then was 36:05.

For time
50 KB Swings - 20 kg
50 Box Jumps
50 Clean and Press - 20 kg (25 per arm)
50 Jump Lunges (50 per leg)
50 Chinups
50 KB Bench Press Leg Raises - 20 kg
Time: 30:51

A very nice improvement I am happy with that, not sure where I made up the most time.  The swings were easier, got a set of 30, then 12 and 8 so they went by the quickest.  The box jumps felt kind of low to be back at 24 inches, and were broken up a few times but not too bad.  The clean and presses were kind of tough, 8-7-6-4 per arm is how they broke down, I was pretty tired at this point.  The lunges were harder than I thought, it was 100 total but my legs really did burn through them.  The chinups on the other hand were clearly the hardest, I didn't check my watch doing these but I know they took the longest.  Normally I'd use a kip for that many but when I did this routine before I kept it strict so that's what I did today, became more muscular than cardio but they took a while, one set of 10 then many sets of 5.  The last one was tough too, again more muscular than cardio, overall it was a tough routine and all I had time for, pleased with increased time even though I am 10 pounds fatter...errr heavier this time around.

3 comments:

  1. haha, just joking, all i meant was i was 10 pounds lighter when I did this workout the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was picturing you sitting in front of the tv with a KFC bucket...

    ReplyDelete