Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pulling

James Hobart
A tired pulling day

Pullups - 5xmax reps.......16, 11, 9, 8, 8

Snatch Grip Deadlifts - 10, 10, 10, 10........135, 155, 165, 175

AMRAP in 12 minutes
8 Neutral Grip Pullups
8 Cable Rows - 120
Score: 6 Rounds

Iso Hamstring Curls - 70..... 2 sets of max time
Iso Preacher Curls - 40......2 sets of max time

I can't recall the last time I did max rep pullups, but I know I've never gotten 16 that style before, 17 is my record but that's with chinups, totalled 52 reps so not bad.  High rep deadlifts tend to always suck, especially with a snatch grip, my back was sore going into the workout but this loosened me up nicely.  Part 3 was random but hard, the pullups were probably the harder of the 2, and like always the first round was unbroken, the rest was not.  For the last part my knee or elbow joint was held at a 90 degree angle.

2 comments:

  1. Have you been following James Hobart's road trip with Austin Malleolo? It's bloody hilarious, except for part 2 when Hobart drops 260 on his own head attempting an overhead squat.

    http://journal.crossfit.com/2011/04/afroadtrip1.tpl
    http://journal.crossfit.com/2011/04/afroadtrip5.tpl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually a snatch balance, and ya it was pretty cool I've seen every one. That certainly looked painful as hell though.

    A similar one with Lipson, Orlando and Castro was done as well, just as good.

    ReplyDelete