Monday, May 30, 2011

Stretching


A new day, I feel if I write it in my blog it'll hold me accountable to make sure I stretch because I have been getting lazy on that lately.  I feel its why I pulled my hip a little bit ago, it's not an intense day so I can throw it on what normally would be an off day, did take me about 45 minutes though.

Back
Hanging Bar Lat stretch - 2x30 seconds
Cable Row Loaded Stretch - 2x30 seconds

Chest/Shoulders
Bar Bent Arm Chest stretch - 2x30 seconds
Skipping Rope Rotations - 2x10 reps

IT Band
Pigeon - 2x30 seconds

Groin
Seated Feet together - 2x30 seconds
Iso Side Lunge - 4x15 seconds

Hip Flexor
Modified Lunge - 2x30 seconds
Runners Stretch - 2x30 seconds

Abs/Hips
Lying Prone stretch - 1x30 seconds
Lying Prone Advanced - 2x30 seconds

Hamstring
BO soft knees - 2x30 seconds
Situp and reach - 2x10 reps

Calves
Seated Loaded Stretch - 2x30 seconds
Standing Loaded Stretch - 2x30 seconds

Felt awesome afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think we can fit one of these days in sometime, just so I can learn how to stretch properly? I hardly ever do it - even though I know I should - partly because I don't know how or when is the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem, to show you come it would only take half an hour or so, but if you visit the website below it lists a bunch of them. Just click on a muscle group and along the right hand side you'll stretches for that muscle group, most of them I got from here. I don't stretch right after a routine I don't feel it the same as if I give it a day of its own, but everyone is different.

    http://exrx.net/Workouts/Workout1PPPP.html

    ReplyDelete