Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Legs

Freddy Camacho
Leg day, I used a technique for which I can no longer rememeber the name, but it's simple, do a shit load of sets with a heavy weight.  I added some stuff in earlier to make sure I was fully warmed up, but the exercise I chose for this was of course front squats.

Travelling Lunges - 3x6..........24 kg kettlebells

Front Squats - 135(5), 185(3), 205(3), 215(3), 225(3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3)

Bulgarian Split Squats - 135 (5, 4, 4)

Leg Extension - 170x60
Calf Raises - 280x60

I think I've done enough front squats in my last 2 leg sessions to last me for a while, that's 11 total sets, 7 of which were with 225.  It got painfully heavy by set 4 or 5, I went nice and deep at that weight, maybe an inch or 2 deeper than I normally would when I go heavy to 225 felt heavier than it normally would.  My back has a nice deep DOMS so that's the main reason I didn't want to go for max weight today, but this heavy front squat sessions kicked my ass anyways these are easily the most mentally tough leg days.  The BSS hurt a lot for only 3 sets, it was a good leg workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment