Saturday, May 21, 2011

Legs

Pat Mendes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7m6I5m6gY

Watch this video....that is absolutely insane, only 20 years old as well, insane respect for that guy and the most impressive squat I have ever seen.

Heavy front squat day, I look forward to it the least of any day in the gym, but nothing feels better leaving especially when I do better than last time.

Lunges - 3x5..........135

Front Squats - 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.......135, 185, 205, 215, 225, 235, 245, 250, 225

For time
50 Back Squats - 155
Time: 10:22

Iso Leg Extension - 3xmax time at 125
Calf Raises - 3xmax reps at 300......16, 16, 13

I almost didn't go for my max today, I almost stopped at 225 and did many sets there, only because just as I loaded 235 on, the guy I would have wanted to spot me left, leaving one other female in the gym.  Luckily another gentleman came in to workout.  I only asked him for a spot on the set of 250, for someone I don't know he spotted exactly how I wanted, so that was good.  I did 250 before but I felt my form was shit, today it felt good, I did fall forwards ever so slightly but my depth was deeper than it was last time, I was damn near hamstring to calf and with 250 pounds on my shoulders that's less than comfortable for me and while it went up slow, it felt nice to hear those plates rattle as I stood up.  The 50 back squats was random, all hamstring to calf, hurt, my one hip bothered me a bit which slowed me down a tad but meh I don't care I feel good about that 250.

2 comments:

  1. Re: the video - Just once I'd like to be able to do one exercise where the barbell bends!

    And a 250 ham to calf front squat? I'd be happy to have that on m back. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was close to that, when I go heavy I just try to hit parallel, I guess the weight forced me a bit lower.

    Hell I'd like to say I can do anything with half that weight....I bet on rack deadlifts the bar would bend for ya.

    ReplyDelete