Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pushing

Dion Phaneuf
Wrist just won't seem to heal, sometimes it feels completely better and I forget about it, but pushing days I do feel it so I had to take that into account today.

Incline Rack Bench Press - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5..............135, 155, 175, 195, 205(3)

Bench Press - 175 (6, 6, 6, 6, 6)

Single Arm DB Military Press - 6, 6, 5, 5..........40, 45, 47, 50

Super Set
Max Rep Bench Press - 135........14, 9, 6
Max Rep Pushups.........6, 5, 4

I actually left out a part, would have just been a direct tricep and chest exercise, but I mis judged my time and had to start my next client right after the third set of bench press, no big loss though.  The incline bench felt pretty good, had to focus on keeping wrist straight but 205 isn't a bad weight to get up too.  The DB military Press I don't think I've ever done before but wanted to work my wrist independantly, it worked as I couldn't feel any pain but the exercise I actually enjoyed I may do this again on occasion.

2 comments:

  1. Won't a wrist brace help to stop your wrist bending? Or is the problem the amount of weight you're putting on it, not the bending?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More the amount of weight against it, it's a weird injury, back when I deadlifted 315 it went fine, but hammer curls with 25s was too painful....odd.

    ReplyDelete