Monday, May 23, 2011

Pulling

Max Mormont
Pulling day, hip still very sore to kept it all rowing and pullups.  For the bent over rows I actually started with DB rows with a 100 for 5 but that hurt my wrist (still) so I switched to BO rows for the other 4 sets.

Weighted Pullups - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3..........50, 55, 60, 65, 70

Bent Over Rows - 5, 5, 5, 5.........135, 145, 155, 165(4)

5 Rounds for time
5 Chest to bar Chinups
5 Neutral Grip Pullups
Time: 7:21

Wide-Grip Pullups - 3xmax reps.......7, 6, 6

Hamstring Curl 21 style - 60 (21, 21)
Preacher Curl 21 style - 40 (21, 21)

First time doing weighted pullups in a while, not really sure why but I felt strong on them, made sure to use zero leg drive something I know I wasn't as strict about when I did them before the new year.  The dumbbell rows bothered my wrist I have no clue why, it's simply weird what will bother it now and what won't, oh well I probably could have gotten 5 reps on the last set of BO rows but would have had to use some hip drive.  I actually stole part 3 from my client, sometimes he uses my routines and sometimes he designs his own, well I decided to test one of his out.  The C2B chinups (first time my wrist allowed that grip) got hard and were down to singles, luckily no failed reps but I was close on a couple of those, good routine for a quick one.  Max rep pullups suck after 50 pullups in under 8 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Bugger - you beat me at my own game! http://59percentoverweight.blogspot.com/2011/04/pulling_13.html. I'll have to see what I can do during tomorrow's pulling session...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh wasn't too bad, the c2b chins were decieving, first round i got done in 23 seconds, not so much after that.

    ReplyDelete