Sunday, May 15, 2011

Legs


Back in the gym for leg day, the bruise on my upper shin is still there but after testing it a bit I realized it wouldn't get in the way.  Today is also a shorter workout because I come into the gym with my dad and his workouts are shorter, to save gas I drive in with him so I workout as long as he does.  Because of that I decided to use supersets.

Split Stance Squats - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3............135, 155, 175, 185, 195

Superset, after each set of front squats perform 10 max air jump squats
Front Squat - 135(8), 155(6), 175(5), 195(5)

Superset
Back Squat - 3x10........155
Iso Leg Extension - 3xmax time at 110

That's all I had time for but it was still a good leg workout.  My pr on the split stance squats is 180, I remember that feeling heavy too, so I am pleased with the increase in weight.  For the squats they were hamstring to calf, something I don't normally do when I squat north of 135, but it felt good just that extra few inches makes the squats harder, the jump squats for max air certainly burned.  The last part went well too, iso leg extensions simply means you try to keep your legs straight in front of you.  Shorter, but still effective.

2 comments:

  1. Why doesn't your Dad workout as long a you, instead of the other way round? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you kidding me it took years to convince him to evn join the gym.

    ReplyDelete