Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Legs

Tony Budding

Leg day, had be to wary of my hip, no worse but doesnt seem to be better either, just had to alter an exercise.

Bulgarian Split Squats - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3......135, 145, 155, 165, 175

Back Squats (to bench, parallelish) - 10, 10, 10, 10......135, 155, 185, 205

For time
50 Back Squats (to bench) - 225
Time 12:18

Single Leg-Leg Press - 3x6.........90

Leg Extension - 200x50
Calf Raises - 260x50

A good leg day, the heaviest I have gone on the bulgarian split squats is 165, 175 was very heavy today, but all reps completed with good form.  The back squats for 10 reps was more to test out my hip, not going all the way down like I am used to and it actually felt pretty good.  When I got to part 3 I hadn't decided what I was going to do yet, I was just going to set a timer and start squatting.  Back squats heavy has always made me nervous as that's the main exercise that I've heard my back on, plus I wanted to be careful with my hip, both were fine during this portion.  225 is no longer heavy for me on back squats when I only go to parallel, so it was ok to do (not heavy in the sense that it's not near my max).  I call this a heavy metcon....so I am forced to take slightly longer than usual breaks unless I want to only be doing singles, most were sets of 5 or 6.  Good workout overall although I wish my hip would heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment