Monday, October 3, 2011

Quick Conditioning


Mondays are my busy days at work, so I hadn't planned on working out today, just decided to go a very quick one today, the 2008 crossfit games workout with the required weights.

warmup
Deadlifts
135x10
135x10
225x5
255x3

5 Rounds for time
5 Deadlifts - 275
10 Burpees
Time: 8:14

That's all, then a quick change before my next client.  I felt oddly winded this morning, so did alot of my clients so I maybe it wasn't just me and the gym atmophere, because of that I felt like I could maybe have gone even faster so I may try this again in time.  Nothing was broken, the burpees slowed down but surprisingly I kept the deadlifts unbroken, I always went right into the burpees too just the breaks were taken between rounds.  I am actually very happy with this as it's a heavier crossfit workout I can do without scaling, I actually checked the 2008 games times and I beat a handful of people on this too (no where near the top times however).  I wasn't going to workout at all today so this is better than nothing.....I also did some stretches.

2 comments:

  1. So it wasn't just me who felt easily knackered this morning! I thought I was just tired from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that on your blog today and was going to comment (although your workout was much harder than mine). I'm not sure what it was, a routine like mine should put me out of breath but not as much as it did, the deadlifts didn't feel as heavy as I thought they would but I couldn't catch my breath as quickly as I normally can. My clients most of today said the same thing.

    ReplyDelete