Thursday, October 13, 2011

Deadlifts


Another busy but for personal reasons on top of work reason, a client cancellation allowed me something quick, so I picked one lift and decided to go heavy on it, today it was trap bar deadlifts, my back was a little sore but I warmed up enough.

Trap Bar Deadlift (reset each time)
170x10
220x5
260x3
280x3
300x3
310x3
320x3

And off I went, felt pretty good, I had to get used to adding the weights in my head still but I still really like the trap bar deadlift.  320 still isn't really close to my max for regular deads, but those are touch and go starting from the top, these are starting from the ground and I reset each time so much harder, I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday I asked Chris if she'd had any feedback about the new equipment. She said, "Well, the trainers seem to like the bumper plates!"

    Is anyone else using the new toys?

    Oh, and you beat me by 80lb with the trap bar deadlifts today. Good job, considering I don't have to squat as low as you to reach the bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floating smith machine seems to get used everytime I am in there, and the more experienced lifters use the trap bar, most people don't know what the hell it is.

    The bumper plates so far have only been used by myself, eric and you (that I've seen). We've had a few people use them for curls which is wrong, but I didn't expect many people to actually use them for that, Chris I think mainly bought them to shut Jason, Eric and I up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the more people who see the trainers - and me - using the bumpers, the more they'll get picked up by other gym users.

    ReplyDelete