Monday, October 10, 2011

Conditioning


I want my strength to improve first and foremost, while I can't really expect my conditioning to improve with it (at least not fast), I still will do the conditioning routines here and there.  I don't have much time on this turkey filled day, I had some cooking to do at home but got in a good one, first one was from crossfit.

3 Rounds for time
15 Hang Power Cleans - 135
15 Burpees
Time: 10:32

Box Jumps, only counting reps with spring in step
20 inches - 10 reps
22 inches - 10 reps
24 inches - 10 reps
26 inches - 10 reps
28 inches - 10 reps

Double Unders - 5x30......unbroken on all sets

The first part was tough, much tougher than anticipated and it was simply breathing, my legs and arms were feeling it too but nothing compared to the lungs.  I've seen the elite crossfitters complete this in much faster time, but it was tough I actually don't do hang power cleans that much, I usually go with power cleans or squat cleans.  The box jumps were different, I want to improve my turnover time on box jumps so I want to work on this.  I made sure that as soon as I hit the ground I springed back up onto the box right away, spending no more than a split second on the ground, this makes them a helluva lot harder, it wasn't so much about getting my breathing up but working on the technique.  The doubles were paired with this, and while hard I've oddly gotten a lot better at them, no one of the 5 sets of 30 were broken.  Overall it was sweaty for a shorter one, typing this now I just finished my meal.....asparagus, turkey, ham, potatoes, and salmon...damn good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment