Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Full Body


Today was a fun day, sometimes I dislike that my workouts are so short but then I remind myself I have been making pr's a lot more lately so there is no reason to complain.

Trap Bar Deadlifts (for time)
220x10 - 21 seconds
240x10 - 24 seconds
260x10 - 30 seconds
280x10 - 45 seconds
300x10 - 51 seconds

Bear Complex (1 Power Clean+1 Front Squat+1 Push Jerk+1 Back Squat+1 Rack Jerk = 1 rep)
135
155
175
185
195 (fail)

I decided to use that timed method again, to me it's a very effective to shock the body into lifting weight for 10 reps that you wouldn't normally do.  I maybe could have gone heavier as all the times were under a minute but I am actually happy I got 300 for 10 reps in that time.  The first set was unbroken, the second was just to adjust my grip, the rest were broken at 6, that 300 was tough to get that time my legs were lit up.  The bear complex is a popular complex in the crossfit community so I decided to go heavy on it, see how much I can do for 1 time through it.  It was harder than I thought, the power cleans, front squats and back squats weren't exacty easy, but it was the jerks that made this the most hard.  When I perform jerks I usually do split, so a push jerk was a little different, and a rack jerk (push jerk with bar on back instead of front) I never do so it was also tough.  Also lowering 195 pounds to my back for the back back squat wasn't exactly easy either.  I am glad I failed on the last set as it gives me something to strive for, on that set the power clean and front squat was fine but the push jerk was close to failure but completed, the back squat was then fine but the rack jerk wasn't happening my arms gave out.  Fun workout!

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the look of that bear complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun actually, do you think you can try it if you limit the range of motion of the squats? The rack jerks were hardest I think mainly because they were the last exercise, but transferring from the push jerk to back squat wasn't always easy either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be something I could do in a session with you so you can show me how to do the new jerks. My hip feels really good today - perhaps the Bulgarian splits gave it a good stretch. I remember when I injured my ankle last year I did some heavy splits with you and that cured me! I'm still cautious about plyo exercises, but there doesn't seem to be any damage caused by yesterday's training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit, that was great fun today! :-)

    ReplyDelete