Friday, October 14, 2011

Full Body

Ben Smith
Some upper body stuff that tests my elbow a bit more, then ended with a quick little metcon.

Handstand Hold - 3xmax time.....50 seconds, 35 seconds, 30 seconds

Pre Fatigue Sets
Cable Fly into Cable Bench Press
40x10 and 10
50x10 and 10
60x8 and 6
60x7 and 5

Straight Arm Pulldowns into Pulldowns
40x10 and 100x8
40x10 and 100x7
40x10 and 100x6
40x8 and 100x6

For Time
50 Power Cleans - 135
Time: 8:18

The first 3 parts all test out my elbow more than I have in the past, the handstand holds were harder than I thought but I am glad I got 50 seconds on the first set, things look weird looking at them upside down for an extended period of time.  The chest fly and bench press combo burns like crazy, but more elbow safe because the first exercise makes the second one harder so I have to use less weight.  The second pairing I needed to change the weight and again burned the lats like crazy, the straight arm pulldowns were done on the lat pulldown station hence the lighter weight.  The last part was hard, I made good use of the bumper plates here.  I have seen Rob Orlando, Nate Schrader and Ben Smith perform this workout in 5 minutes ish, buuuut with 225.....damn I got some catching up to do, good workout!  Elbow feels fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment