Thursday, October 27, 2011

Full Body


Today was an am and pm workout, not so much a busy day just an odd day in terms of how my clients spaced out, some cool stuff too.

AM (10 am)
Complex - 1 Power Clean+ 5 Front Squats
135
155
175
185
195
205

I've been liking complexes lately so I figure I'd make one up of my own, making it leg intensive.  It liked this one, 195 was close but I wanted to try 205 and it was really close to failure on that last squat but completed, also tried the new knee sleeves for the first time and it felt good.  Lately I've been doing these front squats without the plate under my hear, probably better so I should stop using that plate as I can still go full range of motion without it now.

PM (5:30)

Superset
DB Pullover - 4x10.........50
Pullups - 4x a few times.......6, 6, 5, 5 (first 2 neutral, second 2 wide)

Pre Fatigue Sets
Cable Fly into Cable Bench Press
40x10 and 10
50x10 and 10
60x10 and 10
70x8 and 6

Handstand Hold - 4xmax time.......no where near clock so no idea of times

Power Snatch
95x3
115x3
125x3
135x3
140x3

So the pm workout was longer as I had more time.  This is the first time I've done pullups in a while, and while I could feel my elbow it wasn't that bad and it didn't last that long, I haven't done pullovers in a while and I remember why, I dislike that exercise I much prefer straight arm pulldowns for a lat isolation exercise.  Handstand hold was good, was doing it in the main gym this time so I got plenty of odd looks.  I realize to get my olympic lifting ability up I should be good at snatches as well, my elbow was feeling fine by this point so I went for some power snatches, there may have been some press outs but I actually felt good about most of them, I should take some videos to be sure.  That weight is a pr, the last 2 sets were more like 1 single at that weight as I rested longer between the 3 reps than I normally would, I do like snatches though.

No comments:

Post a Comment