Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pulling


Today I wanted to go heavy on weighted chinups again, in the past I have felt my form wasn't perfect, I used a little bit on a pre-pull swing to help me get my chin over the bar.  Today I took that out by crossing my legs in front of my body, I used the dumbbell as something that'd be in the way if I tried to swing a bit, even a minor little swing can count as a cheat, the new strictor form accounts for the less weight I could handle.

Weighted Chinups - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3........50, 55, 60, 65, 70

Chest Supported Row - 5x5......200 on all sets

For time
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of kipping pullups, between every set perform 8 inverted rows
So you perform 10 kipping pullups then 8 inverted rows, 9 kipping pullups then 8 inverted rows, all the way to 1 kipping pullup while the rows stat at 8.
Time: 13:45

Incline Curls - 3x10.....25s (10, 8, 6)

I had to use the new belt, which I hated because it digs into my back, it's much stiffer than the old one (which is broken).  That caused me to be paranoid, as weighted chins was an exercise I have hurt my back on before, not the chinup up, not even the adding weight just the belt that supports the weight presses on my lower back at an uncomfortable angle.  I believe it was all in the head, having my legs slightly in front of me took some of the pressure off actually, so while I felt my lower back, it wasn't pain.  I only seldomly use kipping pullups in my pulling routines (they usually show up on conditioning days) but the routine was still hard.  55 kipping pullups and 80 inverted rows, my grip was dead, this was a pulling version of a workout found here.

PS Nigel if you decide to try part 3 of this routine, please read that it's EIGHT inverted rows, not 10 :).

1 comment: