Monday, March 21, 2011

Conditioning

Rich Froning Jr.
Todays conditioning day seemed to make up for the last couple, I gave it my all then but feeling under the weather just doesn't feel good.  Today I revisited an old routine, back then this routine took me 21:20.

For time
100 Hang Power Clean and Press - 105
Time: 17:18

So just over 4 minutes off my old time, which I am very pleased with.  Back when I did this the first time I was doing more olympic lifting on my own, I'm not now due to no bumper plates so I am happy I still got such an improvement.  My comments on my old workout log was this, "holy shit, many sets of 6, kept steady pace but still….holy shit".  Today it started with 11, then 7, then many many set of 6, till about 80 or so when I had dropped to sets of 5.  My grip was killing me I was barely able to bring over the kettlebell for the next part.

5 Rounds for time
10 Burpees
16 Alternating Swings - 24 kg (8 per arm)
Time: 10:35
30 Decline Situps
This part was hard too, nothing was really broken but certainly got my heard rate up, the situps were done with a very steep decline.

4 comments:

  1. I saw you doing the hang power cleans and you made it look easy. I was going to type "it looked easy", but I'm sure you would have made me pay for that! Still, holy shit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 105 is easy, but when you have to 100 of them it's not lol. I got that from sealfit, they are notorious for mental workouts where it's tempting to just quick. One of there workouts was 100 back squats at your bodyweight, but every minute on the minute you have to stop to do 5 burpees, ya freakin right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw I haven't forgotten about your email, I'll have a good reply soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No rush. I appreciate you using your own time to respond. It's not like I'm going to stop training while I wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete