Saturday, March 5, 2011

Legs


Josh Everett on a 505 deadlift
 Today was a day where I kept changing my mind, I had no intention of going heavy today, I wasn't feeling well with my 2 morning clients and I didn't go to bed early enough the night before, but the mood struck and I decided to go with it.  Writing this now I am exhausted, but it was a great workout!

Split Stance Squats - 5, 5, 5......95, 115, 135

Front Squats - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3..............135, 155, 175, 195, 215, 225, 235, 235

5 Rounds for time
10 Back Squats - 135
10 Travelling Lunges - 50s (5 per leg)
Time: 11:18

Leg Extensions - 3x20.......170 on all sets

8 sets of front squats, and again it was a last minute decision to do 8.  I got to 235 and was happy, but another mood struck and I decided to try another set with that weight, it actually felt better than the first, I had a spot for both.  Because it was heavy weights I broke parallel, the squats in part 3 were hamstring to calf.  I was very winded during that part, and I believe my time reflects that, the muggy air in the gym made me sweat but my lack of sleep got to me.  Nevertheless, my quads were burning, and it felt great to get the workout over with.

EDIT: I am no longer disappointed in my time on part 3, turns out I performed a workout like this before.  It was 4 rounds though, and I started with the lunges, my old time was 11:46, so with an extra round I was 28 seconds faster, pretty happy with that.  I only noticed this because I am updating my notebook workout log on word, I thought that workout looked familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment