Monday, March 7, 2011

Pulling

The Power Clean

Today I decided to throw cleans back into the mix, something I had originally planned on doing when I created this split but my back was being a pain in the ass so I couldn't.  It's been fine for a while now I just seemed to get used to my pullups and rows I just forgot, also throwing light deadlifts in as well.  I wanted to use the power cage for pin cleans but it was in use so I started with regular hang power cleans.

Hang power Cleans - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3............135, 155, 165, 175, 175

5 Rounds
5 Power Cleans - 135
Max rep neutral pullups (10, 8, 7, 6, 6)

For time
50 Sumo Deadlifts - 135
Time: 4:29

Chest Supported Row, neutral grip - 3x8......150, 150, 150(7)

Preacher Curl - 5, 5, 5.........60, 70, 80

I wasn't crazy about my form on the last set of hang cleans but that was only because of my grip, using the pins lets me take that out of the equation as I can reset between each rep.  Part 2 and 3 was killing my grip but I loved the new combo and simply doing cleans again.  I wont go for a true max though, not safe without bumper plates.  I'll keep working at a max of 175 until my form becomes much more clean and crisp.  Overall it was a good workout.

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't you tell me you wanted the cage? I could have moved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go heavy on the cleans, besides I can do hang cleans on the power rack, the floor wipers can only really be done in the cage.

    ReplyDelete