Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pushing

Christian Thibaudeau
If there was one personal trainer in the entire world that I would want to train me, it would be the above man.  Now onto my workout, there's a slight rep thing that'll look weird I'll get into that at the end.

Incline Rack Bench Press - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.........165, 185, 205, 215, 220(2)

Bench Press - 195 (3, 3, 3, 4, 4)

4 Rounds for time
10 DB Bench Press - 60s
10 Dips
Time: 11:12

Drop sets
Pushdowns - 100 pounds to 60 pounds.......10-8, 10-8
Lateral Raises - 22s to 15s......10-8, 10-8

I am happy with how the rack bench press went, last time I got up to 210 for 2, I thought I had 220 for a triple but just fell short, I know I'll get it next time.  Regular bench press was interesting, last time I did 185 and got 6 reps on the first set, obviously 195 is heavier but I didn't think it'd make enough of a difference to drop it to 3.  I got curious and after the third set switched bars, that's when I got 4 reps, one rep may not seem like much but I could feel the bar was lighter despite the same weights on it.  I ended up weighing the bars and noticed the one was only 40 pounds, not 45 like I assumed they all were (and are supposed to be).  That kind of bugs me but from now on I won't be using that lighter bar anymore.  For reference sake, it's the bar missing the 2 end pieces, the diamond pattern on it is a bit more rough than the other ones, it should be pretty easy to notice.  Otherwise good workout.

(I wonder how many other times this has fooled me into thinking I was stronger/weaker for an exercise.)

1 comment: