Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Conditioning


This conditioning day was much like last weeks, crappy, but on the plus side I had predicted it would be before I even got started.  I was woken early this morning by a pain in my stomach, didn't really go away completely, but it also left me exhausted.  Oh well, like usual unless it takes a lot for me to cancel a workout, but my times sure felt slow.

5 Rounds for time
10 Hang Squat Cleans - 35s
10 Renegade Row with Pushup - 35s
10 Thrusters - 35s
Time: 24:25

eek, time looks slow, but after rounds one I started seeing stars, but I had to keep going.  Renegade rows mean in a pushup position you row with one side, do a pushup, that is one then you row with the other arm and do a pushup, that's 2, so it totals 5 rows per arm and 10 pushups.

For time
100 Alternating Swings - 24 kg (50 per arm)
30 Burpees
30 Clean and Jerks - 24 kg (15 per arm, alternating each rep)
Time: 16:00

The swings weren't too bad actually, broken 30-30-22-18, took about 6 minutes or so.  The burpees were so so, but the clean and jerks were the hardest, mainly because I was running on my last energy stores.  Glad when it was over, but wanted time for some quick abs.

100 Med Bad Twists - 20 pounds, 50 per side

Overall I was completely done after this, last night my throat was sore and I was coughing a bit, the stomach pain this morning was icing on the cake.  After this the dumbbell rack started looking as comfortable as my bed, but after I got some food in me I shared a similar moment to my canine friend pictured above.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! Sorry to hear you're feeling rough. You certainly looked like you were giving it everything this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was, just my everything this morning wasn't my usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you haven't broken your wrist yet with that kind of determination. Yeah okay... I'm seeing stars...that must mean I should keep going! I admire your drive and passion, but you need to learn to take a little rest !

    ReplyDelete