Thursday, March 17, 2011

Legs

Mid day snack, tortilla crusted Tilapia

Leg day, but worse yet leg day at 6:30, I had to do the workout nice and early today, which for me is hard to get started but feels good when it's over.

Split Stance Squats - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3..........135, 155, 165, 175, 180

Front Squats - 135(5), 185 (5, 5, 5, 5)

AMRAP in 12 minutes
Front Squat - 135
Score: 51

Leg Extension - 215 (20, 17, 18)
Slow Tempo Calf Raises - 3x8......300

The split stance squats were tough, partially because of how early it was and the gym was empty, I kept feeling reminded that everyone else was sleeping.  The front squats felt good, better than I thought actually.  Set one was more of a warm up, the sets at 185 were to just below parallel.  All I have to compare part 3 with is when I did 50 reps for time (which was hamstring to calf), that I completed in 12:28, so one rep more and 28 seconds faster, not bad on 5 hours of sleep as someone kept me up the night before.....pfft girls (I wonder if she'll read this, I'll probably be in trouble then haha).  First time doing calves in a while too, after all was said and done I felt good, I always do after the early morning workouts, getting started it just slower.

8 comments:

  1. heh about which part....the girl comment right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. assuming something like that, pfft maybe I just mean we were up late talking (which is the truth as well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things have obviously changed since I was your age...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not looking forward to Madi growing up. I'm already training here to stay away from boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can sleep when you're dead!

    ReplyDelete