Friday, March 11, 2011

Legs

Chris Spealler
Before I go into todays workout, I have an anouncement, something I didn't know until I went back and checked.  I have officially tied a crossfit legends score, my first row interval was 1:34 for 500 metres, which is listed is as Chris Spealler's fastest 500 row interval (in his rogue fitness profile), of course it does say beside it that it's not his thing.  Nevertheless I am proud that I can match a score like that, no way I could have gotten it a second time and I do weigh 40 pounds more than him, and I am very far off Speal's other records but oh well I felt it was worth mentioning lol.

Now on to my workout today, no weights that are near my max today, I wanted a mix of semi heavy with higher reps.

Travelling Lunges - 70 total steps with the 65s (broke down into 5 sets, although the fifth set was small)

Front Squats
155x25 (broke down into 4 sets)
135x25 (broke down into 4 sets)
115x25 (broke down into 3 sets)

3 Rounds for time
10 Reverse Lunges - 135 (5 per leg)
10 Back Squats - 135
Time: 9:05

Leg Extensions - 200 (20, 16, 14)

Part one got my legs working for sure, the 65s aren't light, but aren't rediculously heavy either.  I seemed to get to about 14 or 16 steps on each set, which feels like one long ass set.  Part 2 took a while, 155 felt a tad heavy on the front squats but again all were hamstring to calf, it felt nice to take 20 pounds off, 115 never felt so light.  By the time part 3 came around my legs were tired, but I pushed through and kept going, normally 3 rounds wouldn't take me that long but it was after a lot (essentially 5 sets of lunges and 11 sets of front squats).  The leg extensions were max reps with the weight, the weight stack wasn't allowed to touch the bottom.  Very good workout!

3 comments:

  1. I can't match any of his other accomplishments, but I'll enjoy this one while I can lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same height, same weight - that's as close as I'll ever be.

    ReplyDelete