Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Conditioning

My kind of workout area
Today was an interesting conditioning day, one of those days where you're just not feeling it, happens to everyone and it's hard to pinpoint one cause, but man do they suck.  I started with a row workout I've had almost all my clients do, I've done it once and wanted to give it a second try.

Row Intervals, rest as needed between rounds
500 metres - 1:34
400 metres - 1:22
300 metres - 1:02
200 metres - 0:40
100 metres - 0:17
500 metres - 1:51
Total Time - 6:46

This was brutal, and where I first learned today was one of those days.  I screwed up by trying to sprint the first bit of the 400 metre interval, I died out and my legs never recovered, not up till the last one even they were simly gone.  Nevertheless, this does beat my old total time of 7:13, by quite a bit too, but I can't say it's as large an improvement as it seems the other one was after a 3 mile bike ride.  Despite being dead after this, and my head developing a pounding headache (what usually happens when I'm not feeling it) I felt I had to keep going, making it more of a full workout, so I did this.

3 Rounds for time
5 Ground to Shoulder - 24 kg kettlebell times 2
6 Burpees
Time: 5:37

This wasn't what I had planned on doing, round one felt like I just completed a marathon, but because I am stubborn I wanted to do something else.

For time
50 Kettlebell Swings - 24 kg
Everytime you take a break perform 10 burpees.
Time: 9:09

Swings went 20-17-13, so I shoud have only done 2 sets of burpees but decided to do a third one after the 50 reps.  I was so spent after this workout in whole, one of those glad when it's over days.

3 comments:

  1. Speak to Chris about changing the trainers' uniforms to something similar to your picture. I'm sure she'll be accommodating. Might not look so good on you, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no I think Eric, Jason and myself would pull this off the best, the girls at the gym are hot but c'mon....we'd rock it haha.

    ReplyDelete