Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pushing

Myself in a free handstand

The infamous early morning workouts, I got up at 5 but even by 7am when I did this workout I was still sleepy, oh well I knew I'd wake up eventually.

Bench Press - 155(6), 190(3, 3, 3, 3, 3), 155(10)

Single Arm DB Push Press - 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1........60, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90

With a 25 pound dumbbell perform as many dips as possible, after the set is done perform 10 pushups immediately, rest as needed between sets, goal is as many dips as possible overall, do 4 sets of this.
12, 10, 7, 6= 35 total dips (plus the 40 pushups)

R-Band Pushdowns (black) - 18, 8, 8

I did a workout similar to the first 2 parts here, I increased the 5 sets of 3 to 190, only 5 pounds heavier but it makes a difference (moreso at 7am).  The second set at 155 will usually be higher, the shock of dropping the 35 pounds makes it feel much lighter than the first set.  I am very happy with the push presses, first time I have gotten a 90 pound dummbell overhead, soon I will be maxed out there.  The third wasnt timed it was more about total numbers, 12 dips with 25 extra pounds was nice, kind of dropped a bit after but I expected that.  The first set of pushdowns the band was over the cable pulley station, the second and third set it was over the much higher pullup bar, hence the large drop in numbers.

Side note I only posted this picture because I was asked too, free handstands are hard but fun, I have other pics of myself in a free handstand, this is the only one where my legs were straight, all the others they moving about in attempts to keep my balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment