Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Legs

Myself, squat depth
Leg day, no real soreness from Sundays routine so I wanted to make it a squatting day from hell.

Travelling lunges - 3x6-8.......24 kg (8, 7, 6)

Front Squats - 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, 5........135, 155, 185, 205, 215, 225, 225, 185, 185

For Time
60 Back Squats - 135
Time: 9:45

Leg Extension - 3x10......170, 200, 215

The lunges were more for the purpose of warming my legs and hips up.  I never really went to failure, but it was more intense than a regular warmup so I included it in my workout.  9 sets of squats were brutal, I am actually very happy with how they went.  This is only the second time I have squatted over 200 pounds since my back injury, and last time was to 7 risers, so a shortened ROM.  225 felt heavy, very heavy but not one rep wasn't the depth shown in the picture, which I don't classify as low as I can go, but as low as I want to go when going for max weight.  The last set at 225 I had a spot for, feels awesome having that person there.  The 60 back squats were hamstring to calf, so deeper than the ROM shown in the picture, unless I am going for max weight, my depth is either to the risers or all the way down, nothing else.  My legs were done after this, and typing this now, after a protein shake, a turkey and spinach and red pepper sandwhich, an apple pecan salad and a nap, they still feel the same.  Maybe those 2 chicken breasts I have cooking will help.....but probably not....I love leg days like this after they are done.

4 comments:

  1. Who's taking these pictures?

    And have you seen the price of fresh chicken at Sobeys?! It's cheaper to buy a whole rotisserie chicken than two chicken breasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my old man, said he'd help me with some action shots, we have a tripod but it's easier with someone else.

    I saw a pack of I think 6 large chicken breasts for 25, damn I thought that was high. Maybe I'll get some rotisserie chicken, tastes a bit better, not as lean but Im not one over worry about eating "lean" food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On Sunday I saw that 2 chicken breasts were about $12. A whole rotisserie chicken is $8. The only parts I don't eat are the wings. I've found that it's easiest to de-bone it when it's still warm, otherwise you end up with all the fat congealing on the meat.

    I usually buy skinless boneless thighs for the George Foreman grill, but even they are too expensive right now. Sometimes the Wal-Mart at Sunrise Centre has some good deals on chicken.

    God, we're like a pair of old housewives. See what happens when you eat quiche?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried the blueberry and brie quiche today. It's actually pretty good! The carrot and ginger soup went well with it.

    ReplyDelete