Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Legs


Early morning leg day, I hate 7am workouts my energy level just isn't all there.  Nonetheless I had to get it done, and one a bit shorter due to time contraints, doesn't mean easier just more intensive.  My back was sore going in, not hurt just stiff, I rowed a light 400 metres on top of my usual warmup and that seemed to help.

Front Squats - 10x3 with 30 seconds rest between sets........135 on all sets

12 Rounds for time
10 Back Squats to bench - 135
10 Jump Squats
Time: 20:36

Leg Extension - 170 for 50 reps (broke into 15, 15, 15 and 5)

Part 1 was something I had done many months ago, 135 is light for only 3 reps but when it's 10 sets and only 30 seconds rest between sets, it does start to get a little tough.  I could have gone a bit heavier, which I will next time, but I picked it because it's fast and effective, a technique I got from John Welbourne, who can squat over 500 pounds.  I believe you are to focus on max bar speed, it's not so much about the weight but the speed of the bar and maintaining that as the sets progress.  Part 2 sucked, my first time back squatting since my back injury, so I used the bench, same height as 7 risers which I used for front squats before.  The shortened range of motion allows me to move faster, doing 120 of them with 120 jump squats got a little painful, but I wanted a longer timed portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment