Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pulling

Strength coach Tony Gentilcore

Sore in most places today except my back, so lets work that.

Wide-Grip Pullups - 5xmax reps.......14, 12, 9, 9, 8

Wide Netral Grip Cable Row - 4x7.........120 on all sets

5 Rounds for time
5 Chest to Bar Chinups
10 Inverted Rows
Time: 11:06

Preacher Curl - 5, 5, 5.........60, 70, 80(4)

My pulling must have improved last time I went for max rep wide pullups I got a total of 46 reps, today I got 52, and it was a 7am workout as well.  Part 3 was interesting, this has happened before at this time but I completely spaced out, I don't mind as much when it's during the strength portion but during something timed it sucks a little more.  Right after my fourth round, I'm not sure how long I rested but it was longer than expected, it did make my last round the fastest minus the first one.  Did feel like a good workout though.

The picture posted is of a high respected strength coach, I've learned a lot of techniques from him that show up sometimes when designing my own training.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article about nutrition by Tony Gentilcore: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/bonus_article_dude_wheres_your_calories;jsessionid=C32D4D69AAD6E93549602325A1FD33C6-hh.hydra

    ReplyDelete