Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Conditioning


Conditioning day today, it was certainly a hard one.

AMRAP in 30 minutes
10 Burpees
10 Single Arm Overhead Lunges - 24 kg (5 per leg/side)
10 Over the box Jumps - 24 inches
10 KB Swings - 24 kg
Score: 7 + 10 Burpees

3 sets of
10 Overhead Situps - 20 lb med ball
10 Situps

5-10 minutes of stretching.

Part 1 was certainly a challenge, I expected people to have there commentary watching me jump over a 24 inch box, one gentleman actually said I was clearing it by about 10 inches, I could have saved some energy by not jumping so high but didn't want to risk it, that one was certainly tough.  The burpees really sucked, the OH lunges were only broken between arms and I could really feel my core trying to stabalize me as I fatigued in future rounds.  The swings were the easiest, never broken.  That totals 290 reps, none of the exercises being a quick one like pushups or box jumps, I purposefully picked exercises that each individual rep was a second or longer.  It did feel good though, had a nice big turkey sandwitch as celebration.  I also have been spending more time stretching, it certainly seems to have helped.

2 comments:

  1. Considering I struggled with over the bench jumps, using a standard bench, yours looked they were bloody easy! You were clearing them pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh that's what Roy said, I still pictured a moment where I get the entire gyms attention by crashing over, luckily I avoided that.

    ReplyDelete