Monday, February 21, 2011

Legs


My last few leg days have gone really well, and today was no exception.  This time I decided to not do a timed portion and more of a performance thing, which I have been doing with my upper body sessions more.  This just means going for max reps, which for legs can be very mentally challenging.

DB Bulgarian Split Squats - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3........70s, 75s, 80s, 85s, 90s

Front Squats - 5xmax reps at 135.......10, 8, 8, 7, 7

Back Squats - 4xmax reps at 135........20, 15, 12, 12

Leg Extension - 200x50 (broken into 4 sets)

On paper it looks decent, in workout it was very tough.  I am very pleased with how the split squats have progressed, I checked my old workout logs and it wasn't terribly long ago that my set ended at the 70s, now it's starting with the 70s so I am very pleased, having said that the 90s were flipping heavy.  On rep 5 of set one of the front squats I switched to the crossed armed grip, I got no real reason to do the clean grip I'm not an olympic lifter.  The first set of back squats was hell, I so wanted to set it down at 15, then even more at 18, at 20 that weight couldn't get off my back quick enough.  The next 3 sets were more of the same.  Didn't go heavy on the squatting exercises so all were hamstring to calf, nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment